Spring wardrobe essentials for your pregnancy (and beyond)
If you’re dressing a bump this Spring and wondering how to build a stylish, yet functional wardrobe, you’re not alone. The good news is that warmer weather tends to make it a little easier to mix and match maternity and non-maternity pieces (without looking like you’re trying to squeeze your growing bump into non-maternity clothes).
Here’s how to do it:
- Cardigans, blazers and a jean jacket: These wardrobe staples can completely change an outfit and won’t require you to spend more money! Win, win!
- Stretchy tee’s and tanks: These basics can be found at big box stores like H&M and Old Navy. While they will likely fade and stretch with time (you get what you pay for!), they can be an inexpensive addition to your casual wardrobe.
- Maxi dresses: They’re comfortable and usually have extra room for your bump to expand. Depending on the cut and fit of the maxi dress you choose, you can add a belt to define your waist and bump.
- Cocoon tank dress: There’s a reason this dress is a best seller. It’s stretchy, flattering, can be worn your entire pregnancy (and after!) and looks great on just about everyone. It’s our most versatile dress and the good news is: it’s in stock year-round! ($75, click to shop now)
- Leggings: Do yourself a favor and avoid the cheap cotton leggings that will fade and thin with wear. Our over the belly support legging provide ultimate comfort and the best part: they aren’t see through!! They also have some sheen which makes them ideal for wearing under tunics and dresses. ($39, click to shop now)
- Jeans: A great fitting pair of maternity denim is a must! I always suggest underbelly jeans since they can more easily be worn post-pregnancy (either as you transition back to your regular jeans or incorporated into your forever wardrobe). The Isla jegging is a customer favourite. ($110-$115, click to shop now)
- Bras: As your belly gets bigger, underwire bras will get increasingly uncomfortable (and make you feel extra sweaty). Having some go-to non-underwire bras will be a lifesaver and even better if they double as nursing bras. Maman Chic carries a range of nursing and sleep bras that you are bound to love! ($39-$69, click to shop now)
What would you add to the list? Let me know in the comments below and don't forget to joined the mailing list for more wardrobe tips. Join now by clicking here!